Utah Housing Corporation (UHC) will be closed on Monday, February 20, 2023 in observance of President's Day.

Frequently Asked Questions

DISCLAIMER: The following questions and answers are provided for general information only and may not be reflective of every circumstance, do not purport to be legal advice, and are not intended to be legally binding on Utah Housing Corporation in a particular case. Questions involving interpretation of any relevant law and your legal rights and obligations should be addressed to a lawyer.

Contact Information

By Email

By Phone

By Fax

Payment Addresses

  • PO Box 27564
  • With CouponSLC, UT 84127-0564

  • PO Box 70569
  • Without CouponSLC, UT 84170-0569

Other Addresses

  • PO Box 70569
  • CorrespondenceSLC, UT 84170-0569

  • 2479 Lake Park Blvd
  • Attn: Loan Servicing
  • OvernightWest Valley City, UT 84120

UHC Fee Structure

Payment Questions

  • If you have not signed up for online statements, each month you will receive a monthly billing statement with a coupon and return envelope. All payments should be mailed to the address listed on the payment coupon. If you do not receive a billing statement prior to your first payment due, please mail your payment directly to:

    Utah Housing Corporation
    Attn: Payment Processing
    PO Box 70569
    Salt Lake City, UT 84170

  • All mortgage payments are due on the 1st of each month. Your Note allows a 15-day grace period; however this does not mean that your payment is due on the 16th. Postal delays do not constitute a waiver of late charges; therefore please allow adequate time for mail service to ensure your payment is received on time.
  • No. Payments are due by the 1st of each month and a late fee will be assessed if received after the 16th.
  • No. All payments must be paid in the month they are due. If you are having difficulty making your monthly payment, please contact a Loan Counselor at 801-902-8300 or 800-344-0452.
  • No. Our office CANNOT accept cash or debit/credit card payments. UHC accepts checks, cashier's checks, money orders, and MoneyGram payments (Receive code = 4214, City = West Valley, UT)
  • Yes. A payment by phone requires your financial institution's 9 digit routing number and your checking or savings account number. A payment by phone cannot be made using debit/credit cards. There is a $10 payment by phone fee for this service. To make a payment by phone, please call 801-902-8250 or 800-344-0452.
  • UHC offers two FREE electronic payment options:
    Online Web Payments
    You can register and set up a secure User ID and Password at Online Account Setup. Once registered, you can begin making your monthly payments online using your checking or savings account. You will receive email confirmation when your UHC payment processes. Payments made prior to 5 PM (Mountain Time), excluding weekends and holidays, will be applied the same day. Payments made after 5 PM (Mountain Time) will be applied the next business day.
    Automatic Withdrawal
    To enroll in our monthly automatic payment program complete the - Automatic Payment Withdrawal Authorization Form and mail, email (customerservice@uthc.org), or fax (801-902-8301) it to our office. You may select the 1st, 4th, 8th or 15th of the month to have your payment automatically deducted from your checking or savings account. Payments should continue to be mailed to UHC until you receive a confirmation letter indicating the date on which your automatic payments will begin. All requests must include a VOIDED check. If using a savings account, please provide documentation from your financial institution that includes both the routing and savings account numbers.
  • Monthly automatic payments must be cancelled in writing. Please submit your request no later than 3 business days prior to your payment date to allow enough time to process your cancellation. Requests can be submitted by fax (801-902-8301), email (customerservice@uthc.org), or mail (Utah Housing Corporation 2479 Lake Park Blvd West Valley City, UT 84120).
  • You may make changes to your bank account number by submitting a written request, along with a VOIDED check or documentation from your financial institution. Your request must be received no later than 30 days prior to your payment date to allow sufficient time to process. Requests can be submitted by fax (801-902-8301), email (customerservice@uthc.org), or mail (Utah Housing Corporation 2479 Lake Park Blvd West Valley City, UT 84120).
  • No. Mortgage loans are amortized on a monthly basis and only full payments can be applied. If a partial payment is received, it will not be applied towards a payment until the remainder has been remitted. Partial payment funds will be held in a suspense account on your loan until enough funds are received to apply a payment. Only full payments are reflected online and on your monthly billing statement. Partial payments may cause late charges to be assessed in the event funds are not available to post a full payment prior to the late charge date. Partial payments may also result in negative credit reporting in the event a full payment is not posted on or before the last business day of the month.
  • Yes. If your loan is current, you may include an extra amount in your payment and indicate the amount to be applied to principal on your payment coupon. If your payment is set up on automatic withdrawal, you may designate the amount to be deducted from your checking or savings account by providing this information on the automatic payment form.
  • Payments received after the last business day of the month will be negatively reported to the credit bureaus and may affect your ability to obtain other forms of credit.
  • If you have difficulties making your payment, please contact our office immediately at 801-902-8300 or 800-344-0452 and ask to speak with a Loan Counselor. There may be programs available to assist you in resolving the delinquency.
  • The principal and interest portion of your monthly payment will not change. The portion held in escrow to pay your property taxes and homeowners insurance premiums is subject to change yearly. UHC will review your escrow account every December and provide a detailed Annual Escrow Account Disclosure Statement showing how your escrow amount will be calculated for the coming year. Adjustments to your payments go into effect with your upcoming March payment.

Insurance Questions

  • Your insurance carrier must send a copy of your policy to UHC in order for the premium to be paid from your escrow account. Please contact your carrier to verify that your loan number is listed on your policy and the Mortgagee Clause reads:

    Utah Housing Corporation
    It's successors and or assigns
    PO Box 70569
    Salt Lake City, UT 84170

    You should review your policy coverage annually with your carrier to ensure that you have adequate coverage. Immediately notify UHC if you change insurance companies or if you have any concerns related to your insurance. Documents or requests can be submitted by fax (801-902-8309), email (insurance@uthc.org), or mail (2479 Lake Park Blvd West Valley City, UT 84120).

  • Homeowners insurance covers your home in case of loss by fire, storm, vandalism, etc. It also provides liability coverage for personal injuries that may happen to someone while on your property.
  • Yes. UHC requires your insurance carrier be licensed to transact business within the state of Utah and have a Best's Key Rating of B or higher.
  • Yes. The maximum deductible allowed for all policy types is $2,500. If the deductible amount for any of your policies exceeds $2,500, it is necessary for you to contact your carrier to have it changed.
  • If we do not receive an annual renewal policy from your insurance carrier, we must assume that the insurance either has been cancelled or has lapsed. In either case, UHC will issue a lender placed policy providing coverage insurance on the home. This lender placed insurance, payable by you, is very expensive, and only covers UHC's interest in the property. Lender placed policies offer no coverage for your personal belongings.
  • Yes. You are required to notify UHC immediately in the event of damage to your property or liability claims against your policy.
  • You can request UHC loss forms from one of our customer service representatives via email (hazardclaims@uthc.org), phone (801-902-8250) or by choosing the applicable link HazardClaimBelow10K or HazardClaimAbove10K.pdf. These forms collect information regarding the type of loss, extent of the loss, and anticipated repair time frame.
  • No. This type of insurance must be purchased separately and will not be paid from your escrow account. Please consult a licensed insurance agent regarding your options.

Escrow Questions

  • All UHC loans require an escrow account. An escrow account works like a savings account to pay for your annual property taxes and homeowners insurance premiums. Every month a portion of your monthly payment is placed into your escrow account to pay upcoming property tax and insurance disbursements.
  • If insurance premiums or property tax rates decrease from the previous year, an escrow surplus may be created. If you have a surplus of $50.00 or more when your annual escrow analysis is completed, and your account is current, a check will be mailed to you. If the surplus is less than $50.00, the funds will be left in your escrow account and your monthly payment will be reduced accordingly. The payment reduction will only last until the overage has been exhausted.

    In the event you purchased a newly constructed home, there is a possibility property taxes will be assessed on land only for the 1st year. Any escrow surplus collected will be returned to you. However, the following years property taxes will be assessed on both land and home and your property taxes will increase, likely creating a shortage in your account. Returning your overage check to your escrow account may reduce possible shortages.

    In general, homeowner's insurance premiums and/or property tax rates increase each year. This increase often creates a future escrow shortage. UHC typically collects this shortage over a 12-month period as part of an increase to your monthly payment. Any overage/shortage amount will be indicated on your Annual Escrow Account Disclosure Statement.

  • Property taxes in Utah are due once a year. Every year, UHC remits funds to the county in which you live no later than November 30th. From time to time, your municipality may decide to make improvements to your property, i.e. installation of a new sewer system, replacement of sidewalks etc. You are responsible for the payment of these items; special assessments are not items UHC pays from your escrow. The county will assess penalties in the event special assessments are not paid or are paid late. Special assessments are not typically tax deductible; please consult a tax professional with any questions related to deduction eligibility.
  • No. Your escrow account is not set up to pay for home warranty renewals. Home warranties may be included with the purchase of your home for the 1st year. If you decide to renew your home warranty, you will be responsible to pay your own premiums.

Payoff Questions

  • Payoff quotes must be requested in writing and can be submitted to UHC by email payoff@uthc.org, fax (801-902-8303), or mail (2479 Lake Park Blvd West Valley City, UT 84120). A $5 processing fee will be assessed on all payoff quotes that require to be faxed back to the requester. The first two payoff quotes in a one-year period are free of charge. After the first two, a $10 fee will be assessed for each additional quote.

  • Subordinated HUD Lien payoff information may be obtained by contacting ISN Corporation, info below.
    Website: https://sip.hudnsc.org/
    Email: PCPayoffs@hud.gov
    Toll-Free: (800)225-5342
    Fax: (405)724-7800
    Mail: ISN Corporation - Western Operations Center | Attn: Secretary-Held Loan Servicing | 2000 N Classen Blvd Suite #3200 Oklahoma City, OK 73106
  • It is always the homeowner's responsibility to make their monthly mortgage payment. If you choose not to make your mortgage payment and payoff funds are not received prior to the late charge date, a late charge will be assessed to your account. If payoff funds are received after the last business day of the month and your current month's payment was not received, your account may be negatively reported to the credit bureaus and may affect your ability to obtain other forms of credit in the future.
  • A check for any payoff overage or funds remaining in your escrow account at the time the loan paid in full will be sent within the next twenty (20) days, excluding holidays/weekends. It is extremely important you provide UHC with your updated mailing address to ensure you receive excess funds and/or important tax information.

Other Questions

  • Please be sure to include your loan number on any written correspondence and mail it to:

    Utah Housing Corporation
    Attn: Loan Servicing
    PO Box 70569
    Salt Lake City, UT 84170

  • Each January a year-end summary for the previous year, including the IRS 1098 Mortgage Interest Form, will be mailed to you. This document will show the interest paid during the year. You can also find this information online if you have setup an online profile.
  • Utah Housing must have your written authorization to release information to anyone not on the mortgage. The form can be found at www.utahhousingcorp.org/pdf/authorization.pdf and returned via email (customerservice@uthc.org), fax (801-902-8301), or mail (2479 Lake Park Blvd West Valley City, UT 84120). Your account will be updated with this information.
  • You must inform Utah Housing as soon as possible so we can update our records. To update our records we must have copies of documents pertaining to the change, i.e. marriage certificate (this will not enable us to add your spouse to the Note or Deed of Trust), divorce decree (this will not remove liability for the other spouse), or death certificate. Documentation can be submitted by fax (801-902-8301), email (customerservice@uthc.org), or mail (2479 Lake Park Blvd West Valley City, UT 84120).
  • No. There is an occupancy requirement associated with UHC loans. The property must be owner occupied for the life of the loan.

FHA Loans Only

  • No. There is an occupancy requirement associated with UHC loans. The property must be owner occupied for the life of the loan.
  • For mortgages with an FHA case number assigned prior to December 30, 2000, the FHA insurance is required for the life of the loan.

  • For mortgages with an FHA case number assigned on or after December 31, 2000 to June 2, 2013, the FHA insurance will be eligible for termination after a minimum of 5 years and the original principal balance (excluding the upfront MIP) is paid down 22%; which means original loan balance to unpaid principal balance ratio is 78%.

  • For mortgages with an FHA case number assigned on or after June 3, 2013, the FHA insurance is required for the life of the loan.

Please contact our office at 801-902-8250 or 800-344-0452 if you have any questions.